There is an increase in people who have been victims of identity theft and unauthorized use of credit cards because many companies handle data irresponsibly or have faced data breach. In countries such as India, Dubai, Sri-Lanka, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Malaysia, Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa enterprise data protection policies are not well implemented. There are a large number of data protection services professionals in these markets but due to lack of personal data protection regulatory framework it becomes optional for companies to implement the policies. Thus failure to comply with the regulatory framework leads of more data breaches and identify thefts.
As per GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) an enterprise data protection regulation, the personal data represents all the information of a person, which affirms his/her identification. Personal data includes place of birth, place of residence, academic, employment, professional career, marital status, age, health, sex life, physical characteristics, political ideology, and other aspects. It’s very important for companies to organize data protection training programs for its employees as this personal data helps them interact with their clients or organizations for business. A data protection course can help establishing data protection system, which in turn can create new business opportunities and improve the services.
In many countries new personal & enterprise data protection laws are being adopted with the objective of protecting citizen’s personal data. These laws prevent data misuses and abuses that happen every day by companies and/or organizations. The personal & enterprise data protection laws recognize and protect the rights that people have. As per data protection course professor these right include access, update and correct their personal data that has been collected as well as the right to oppose personal data processing by public or private entities. The personal data that’s involved in national security, national intelligence and population censuses is not considered part of personal & enterprise data protection laws.
According to a data protection course professor, all entities that handle personal data are being forced to consider the right to privacy and they need to adapt to regulations to ensure safe treatment of personal data. The personal & enterprise data protection laws also give people the right to request for all their personal data that a company has. These laws are forcing companies to implement data protection training programs for employees and data protection policies. Companies can hire GDPR experts or hire external data protection service provider to do the same and not complying with these laws can result in sanctions & fines.
There are many advantages of enterprise data protection courses like GDPR course. For instance the European privacy & personal data protection law GPRR approves the transfer of personal data of European citizens to a company that has an adequate level of data protection system established for such information, depending upon the nature of the data, the purpose, duration of processing and safety standards. If a company implements data protection system and adapts to the international enterprise data protection regulations like GDPR, there are possibilities of exponential increase in foreign investments in that company and new business opportunities.
Implementing data protection system & adapting to personal – enterprise data protection laws
Companies and/or organizations must comply with the obligation of implementing data protection system. According to various enterprise data protection services consultants, compliance with legal obligations is essential. Data protection agencies have big teams of inspectors to make an audit of data protection system and apply fines along with sanctions, through a complaint of any affected person. Following are the aspects that are covered in depth during our data protection course – GDPR training:
- All the personal data processing systems belonging to companies must be registered with the data protection agency. The data protection course covers the process of registering your company. The registration must submit information such as name and title of the person responsible, purpose of the system, the type of the personal data processed, process of acquiring, process of updating data, methods of interrelating data, duration of holding data and details of data protection system implemented.
- When the companies and/or organizations get personal data, all the interested parties must be advised prior about the existence of a personal data protection system, data treatment process, of enterprise data protection regulations being followed, the purpose of collecting data, the recipients of data, the rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition to data processing.
- Companies have to designate a person responsible for personal data protection system. The responsibilities of the person must be well defined and during our data protection course you can learn the same in detail.
- Comply with the personal data protection regulations like GDPR as well as standards for enterprise data protection services.
- Implement appropriate enterprise data protection services to manage all the requests for access, rectification, and cancellation of personal data; also enterprises must create data protection training course programs for employees.
- Implementing security measures for via data protection services and inform about the measure to the data protection agency.
- Modification personal data when appropriate, correcting the incorrect data and completing the partial data. The data protection course teaches the complete process that need to be established.
- Coordinate and review the implementation of data protection system and make sure it’s done as per the enterprise data protection norms.
- Implement specific set of policies for the management and maintenance of the data protection system.
- Updating data protection training plan and contents every year so that all the employees are up to date and undergo data protection training.
- Conduct or regularize the execution of the operations of data processing systems.
- Creating polices related to data breach and informing clients about data protection system in place.
- During the data protection course we do detailed analysis of the company’s processes for management and processing of personal data. We get detailed information about the company, the personal data files, established procedures, flow of information and the degree of compliance with the regulation.
- We coordinate analysis of personal data processing systems along with development of procedures and documentation required according to the GDPR standards, as a part of our enterprise data protection services.
- Development of data protection training program for teaching the development of data protection policies and best information security practices for general and technical users.
- During our personal data protection audit services we delivery data protection policies document, evaluation of the security measures implemented and data protection law certification. In addition we teach how to implement data protection system.
The data protection course (GDPR course) is aimed at managers, legal and IT department professionals and all the people who wish to understand the privacy & data protection law. The data protection training is very practical course and covers the following topics:
- Introduction to data protection & privacy law
- Implementation of environment for data protection & privacy law (GDPR)
- Types of personal data and rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition.
- Data protection agencies and regulations
- Detailed dataflow analysis
- Enterprise architecture and audit procedures
- Implementation of data protection system and enterprise data protection services
- Incident management procedures for handling personal data breach, sanctions and privacy complaints
During the data protection training we also focus on following parameters, which are mandatory for data protection system to ensure compliance with the personal & enterprise data protection law:
- Implementation of the security policies
- Maintaining documentation of roles and responsibilities of personnel responsible for the processing of personal data
- Access and incidents logging
- Identification and authentication system
- Support management, physical and logical access
- System backup and recovery
- Manage audit policies
- Vulnerability and penetration testing
- Support Distribution
- Telecommunications Records
Security Measures for Data Protection System
Companies should establish technical and organizational security measures to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of personal data with the objective of preserving the data security, against modification, loss, transmission and unauthorized access. All the data security measures should be implemented with respect to the highest degree of protection of personal data. The security measures should be part of data protection system. During our data protection course you learn following security measures:
Physical Security: This includes the protection of facilities, equipment to prevent accidental incidents cases or force majeure.
Logical Security: This includes measures for identification and authentication of people or users authorized to access and modify personal data.
Applications: This is one of the focus areas of the data protection course. It represent the permissions which personal data processing system should manage, to ensure proper use of data, preventing the participation of non-authorized users, separation of environments and penetration testing controls.
Encryption: This includes implementation and use of encryption algorithms, keys, passwords, and specific protection measures to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of the sensitive personal data in data protection system.
Network Communications: This refers use of enterprise data protection services that includes use of network monitoring system that constantly monitors network communications and blocks any kind of suspicious activity or security breach.
These aspects of data protection training program constitute minimum requirements, so the companies and/or organizations should take additional inevitable measures to provide greater protection. Companies should take help of data protection service consultants to implement personal data protection system.
To make sure that your company is covered with regards to privacy & data protection law, the International Institute for cyber security offers enterprise data protection services and data protection course, which will allow you to implement data protection system & keep your business aligned at all times according to requirements of the legislation. With research center in Mexico, US and India, International Institute of Cyber Security provides data protection services & training. We have a partner program that recognizes the effort and investment of strategic allies, offering data protection services to achieve sustainable and mutually beneficial business. Our partners/partners program is available in Australia, India, UK, Dubai, Qatar, Sri-Lanka, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Nigeria, Kenya & South Africa.